Great vision is way more than 20/20!
You may have perfect vision or wear corrective lenses yet STILL experience poor vision skills.
You see, to read from a book or to catch a ball you need some pretty strong visual skills. Eye tracking, eye teaming, and focusing are just a few of the skills you need to succeed in sports, school and in your career.
A child who has poor vision skills may find themselves working harder than their peers. Adults with reduced vision skills, on the other hand, may struggle to perform work-related tasks.
Here are a few signs you or your child have reduced vision skills:
- Skipping words or lines while reading
- Mixing similar words, such as ‘was’ and ‘saw’
- Confusing the letters b, d, p and q
- Holding books too closely or tilting the head when reading
- Experiencing eye strain or headaches with schoolwork or computer use
If you identify with any of the above, consider vision therapy! It develops and enhances fundamental visual skills, which means more success and improved confidence!